REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
F-250HD/SD and F-350
A torque wrench with a capacity of at least 350 ft. lbs. (475 Nm) is necessary, along with other special tools, for this procedure.
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
- Remove the spindles.
- Remove the springs.
- Remove the stabilizer bar.
- Remove the lower spring seats from the radius arms.
- Remove the radius arm-to-axle bolts.
- Remove the axle-to-frame pivot bolts and remove the axles.
- Position the axle on the pivot bracket and loosely install the bolt/nut.
- Position the other end on the radius arm and install the bolt. Tighten the bolt to 269-329 ft. lbs. (365-446 Nm).
- Install the spring seats.
- Install the springs.
- Tighten the axle pivot bolts to 120-150 ft. lbs. (163-203 Nm).
- Install the spindles.
- Install the stabilizer bar.