REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
F-250HD/SD and F-350
- Raise the vehicle frame until the weight is off the front spring with the wheels still touching the floor. Support the axle to prevent rotation.
- Disconnect the lower end of the shock absorber from the U-bolt spacer. Remove the U-bolts, U-bolt cap and spacer. On F-350 models, remove the 2 bolts retaining the track bar to the spring cap and the track bar bracket.
- Remove the nut from the hanger bolt retaining the spring at the rear and drive out the hanger bolt.
- Remove the nut connecting the front shackle and spring eye and drive out the shackle bolt and remove the spring.
- Position the spring on the spring seat. Install the shackle bolt through the shackle and spring. Tighten the nuts to 150 ft. lbs. (203 Nm).
- Position the rear of the spring and install the hanger bolt. Tighten the nut to 150 ft. lbs. (203 Nm).
- Position the U-bolt spacer and place the U-bolts in position through the holes in the spring seat cap. Install but do not tighten the U-bolt nut. On the F-350, install the track bar. Tighten the track bar-to-bracket bolts to 200 ft. lbs. (271 Nm).
- Connect the lower end of the shock absorber to the U-bolt spacer. Tighten the fasteners to 60 ft. lbs. (81 Nm) on the F-250; 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm) on the F-350.
- Lower the vehicle and tighten the U-bolt nuts to 120 ft. lbs. (163 Nm).