REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
F-150, F-250, Expedition and Navigator
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the right front wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove 6 retaining bolts and remove the skid plate.
- Remove both stabilizer bar-to-stabilizer bar link retaining nuts, washers and bushings and separate the stabilizer bar ends from the stabilizer bar links.
- Remove the stabilizer bar links from the lower control arms, if needed.
- Remove 4 bolts securing 2 stabilizer bar insulator brackets.
- Remove the stabilizer bar brackets and the stabilizer bar.
- Remove the stabilizer bar by rotating the bar as it is removed through the right-hand side of the vehicle.
- Place the stabilizer bar in position, rotating the bar as required for installation.
- Install 2 stabilizer bar insulator brackets. Install 4 retaining bolts and tighten to 19-25 ft. lbs. (26-34 Nm).
- Install the stabilizer bar links to the lower control arms, if removed.
- Connect the stabilizer bar to the stabilizer bar links. Install the bushings, washers and retaining nuts. Tighten the stabilizer bar link retaining nuts to 16-21 ft. lbs. (22-28 Nm).
- Install the skid plate and 6 retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 10-13 ft. lbs. (14-17 Nm).
- Install the wheel and tire assembly. Torque the lug nuts to 83-112 ft. lbs. (113-153 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Road test the vehicle and check for proper operation.