REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the air spring. Refer to the procedure in this section.
- Remove the metal retaining clip from the solenoid valve.
- Inspect the solenoid O-rings and replace as necessary.
- Twist the solenoid valve and remove.
Be sure the new air spring solenoid is fully seated into both stages of the air spring. Lightly apply Silicone Brake Caliper Grease and Dielectric Compound D7AZ-19A331-A or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESE-M1C171-A to the O-rings. When installing the air lines, make sure the white air line is fully inserted into the fitting for correct installation.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal.