REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the air line from the solenoid valve by depressing the red plastic retaining ring and pull the air line out of the solenoid.
- Detach the solenoid valve electrical connector.
- Remove the solenoid valve clip.
- Hold the solenoid body from the side and rotate the solenoid valve out of the air spring to the first detent to release the air from the assembly.
- Remove the retaining clip from the top of the air spring.
- Compress the deflated air spring and remove it from the vehicle.
- Remove the solenoid valve.
Be sure the new air spring solenoid is fully seated into both stages of the air spring. Check the solenoid valve O-rings for abrasion or cuts. Replace O-rings as required using air spring connector repair kit. Lightly apply Silicone Brake Caliper Grease and Dielectric Compound D7AZ-19A331-A or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESE-M1C171-A to the O-rings.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal.