REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Have a MVAC-trained, EPA-certified, automotive technician recover the air conditioning system refrigerant.
- Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
Never open, service or drain the radiator or cooling system when hot; serious burns can occur from the steam and hot coolant. Also, when draining engine coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted to ethylene glycol antifreeze and could drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantities. Always drain coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or is several years old.
- Remove the driver's side quarter trim panel.
- Detach the electrical connectors on the auxiliary air conditioning and heater assembly.
- Disconnect the heater core hose couplings.
- Remove the evaporator case drain hose.
- Disconnect the auxiliary A/C evaporator lines.
- Remove the pin-type retainer.
- Remove the A/C outlet duct.
- Remove the three bolts and remove the auxiliary air conditioning and heater assembly.
- Remove the ten evaporator/heater core access cover retaining bolts and remove the evaporator/heater core access cover.
- Remove the heater core.To install:
- The installation is the reverse of the removal.
- Have a MVAC-trained, EPA-certified, automotive technician recharge the air conditioning system.