REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1997-98 F-250HD, F-350 and F-Super Duty
- Lift the locking tab on the switch connector and disconnect the wiring.
- Remove the hairpin retainer, slide the stop lamp switch, pushrod and nylon washer off of the pedal. Remove the washer, then the switch by sliding it up or down.
On trucks equipped with speed control, the spacer washer is replaced by the dump valve adapter washer.
- To install the switch, position it so that the U-shaped side is nearest the pedal and directly over/under the pin.
- Slide the switch up or down, trapping the master cylinder pushrod and bushing between the switch side plates.
- Push the switch and pushrod assembly firmly towards the brake pedal arm. Assemble the outside white plastic washer to the pin and install the hairpin retainer.
- Assemble the connector on the switch.
- Check stop lamp operation.
F-150, F-250, Expedition and Navigator; 1999-00 F-250SD, F-350, and F-Super Duty Models
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the brake pedal position switch.
- Remove the self-locking pin.
- Remove the brake pedal position switch from the brake master cylinder push rod.
- Remove the brake master cylinder push rod spacer.
- Remove the brake master cylinder push rod bushing.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal.