REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect both battery ground cables.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle securely on jackstands.
The electrical connector is located behind the fuel pump near the frame rail.
- Detach the fuel pump electrical connector.
- Remove the fuel line retaining clip and discard, then remove the fuel line from the fuel pump.
- Slide the clip up and off from the quick connect fitting. Insert the fuel line tool and remove the fuel pump delivery line.
- Unclip the brake lines from the fuel pump bracket.
- Loosen the pinch bolt and spread the mounting bracket.
- Remove the fuel pump.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal.