REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the turbocharger compressor manifold. Refer to .
- Remove the fuel filter/water separator assembly. Refer to .
- Remove the high-pressure oil pump reservoir plug.
- Using a suitable suction tool, remove the oil from the high-pressure oil pump reservoir.
- Using the high-pressure line disconnect tool 303-625 or equivalent, remove the hoses from the high-pressure oil pump.
- Detach the electrical connector from the oil pressure regulator.
- Remove the bolts and the cover from the engine front cover.
- Position the wiring harness aside.
- Remove the drive gear bolt and washer from the drive gear.
- Remove the bolts and the high-pressure oil pump from the engine front cover. Remove and discard the gasket.
If the high-pressure oil pump is to be replaced, remove the oil pressure regulator from the pump.
- Remove the oil pressure regulator from the oil pump.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal.