REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove 2 center bearing retaining bolts and remove the center bearing and driveshaft assembly.
- Check the center bearing for wear or rough action by rotating the inner race while holding the outer race. If wear or roughness is evident, replace the center bearing assembly. Examine the rubber cushion for evidence of hardening, cracking, or deterioration. Replace as required.
- Place the bearing in the rubber support and the rubber support in the universal shaped support, if removed.
- Install the center bearing and drive shaft assembly. While supporting the center bearing in position, install 2 retaining bolts and tighten to 39-53 ft. lbs. (53-72 Nm).
- Road test the vehicle and check for proper operation.