REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Dana 60 Monobeam
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
- Remove the caliper from the knuckle and wire it out of the way.
- Remove the free-running hub.
- Remove the front wheel bearings.
- Remove the hub and rotor assembly.
- Remove the spindle-to-knuckle bolts. Tap the spindle from the knuckle using a plastic mallet.
- Remove the splash shield and caliper support.
- Pull the axle shaft out through the knuckle.
- Using a slide hammer and bearing cup puller, remove the needle bearing from the spindle.
- Clean the spindle bore thoroughly and make sure that it is free of nicks and burrs. If the bore is excessively pitted or scored, the spindle must be replaced.
- Insert a new spindle bearing in its bore with the printing facing outward. Drive it into place with driver T80T-4000-R, or its equivalent. Install a new bearing seal with the lip facing away from the bearing.
- Pack the bearing with waterproof wheel bearing grease.
- Pack the thrust face of the seal in the spindle bore and the V-seal on the axle shaft with waterproof wheel bearing grease.
- Carefully guide the axle shaft through the knuckle and into the housing. Align the splines and fully seat the shaft.
- Place the bronze spacer on the shaft. The chamfered side of the spacer must be inboard.
- Install the splash shield and caliper support.
- Place the spindle on the knuckle and install the bolts. Tighten the bolts to 50-60 ft. lbs. (68-81 Nm).
- Install the hub/rotor assembly on the spindle.
- Assemble the wheel bearings.
- Assemble the free-running hub.