Perform the following steps if the rear view mirror is still attached.
- Insert the Rear View Mirror Remover T91T-17700-A, or equivalent into the mount on the inside rear view mirror.
- Use the tool to release the mirror retaining clip while pulling the inside rear view mirror away from the mirror mount.
- Remove the inside rear view mirror.
- Use a wax pencil or other suitable tool to mark the location of the inside rear view mirror bracket on the outside surface of the windshield glass.
Perform the following step if the mirror bracket is still attached.
- Apply low heat to the windshield glass to soften the adhesive and remove the bracket from the windshield.
- Remove the remaining adhesive from the windshield glass.
- Clean the inside of the windshield glass with isopropyl alcohol to remove any remaining adhesive.
- Use a fine grit sandpaper on the inside rear view mirror bracket to lightly scuff the bonding surface.
- Wipe the surface of the bracket clean with a paper towel soaked in isopropyl alcohol.
Do not touch the mounting surfaces before installation.
- Apply Rear View Mirror Adhesive D9AZ-19554-CA or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESB-M2G176-A to the bonding surface of the inside rear view mirror bracket and the windshield glass.
- Apply the accelerator solution to the bracket and allow the accelerator material to dry for three minutes.
- Press the inside rear view mirror bracket firmly against the windshield glass for approximately one minute.
- Allow the adhesive to set for five minutes.
- Remove any excess adhesive from the windshield glass with a clean, alcohol dampened cloth.
- Slide the inside rear view mirror downward onto the inside rear view mirror bracket.