REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the shifter boot retaining screws and lift the boot (1) from the transmission opening cover.
- Remove the bolt (2) retaining the upper shift lever to the lower shift lever (3) and remove the upper shift lever.
- Unfasten the transmission opening cover retaining screws and remove the cover.
- Remove the lower shift lever boot.
- Install lower shifter boot and transmission opening cover. Tighten the cover retaining bolts.
- Install the upper shift lever to the lower lever and install the retaining bolt. Tighten 20-29 ft. lbs. (27-40 Nm).
- Place the shifter boot into position and tighten the retaining screws.
- Connect the negative battery cable.