REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The sensor is located on the rear axle housing.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Carefully clean the axle surface to keep dirt from entering the housing.
- Detach the connector on the speed sensor.
- Remove the sensor hold-down bolt.
- Remove the sensor.
- If a new sensor is being installed, lubricate the O-ring with clean engine oil. Carefully push the sensor into the housing aligning the mounting flange hole with the threaded hole in the housing. Tighten the hold-down bolt to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm)-If the old sensor is being installed, clean it thoroughly and install a new O-ring coated with clean engine oil.
- Attach the connector on the speed sensor.
- Lower the vehicle.