REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The fuel filter is located along the frame rail under the vehicle and is accessible only from underneath the vehicle.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Remove the fitting safety clips by gently prying them off. Usually they are held to the fuel lines by small retaining straps, however take care not to lose them.
- Insert fuel line disconnect tool T90T-9550-S into the quick-connect fittings on the fuel lines.
- Push the tool into the spring lock coupling and release the garter spring and separate the fitting.
Twisting the line sometimes aid in releasing stubborn connections.
- Repeat the procedure for the other fuel line.
- Grasp the fuel filter and carefully pull it straight out of the retaining clamp.
- Push the filter into the retaining clamp aligning the front lip on the filter into the groove.
- Attach the fuel lines to the filter until an audible click is heard from the connection. Sometimes the click is very quiet, so test the fitting by gently pulling on the line to see if it comes loose.
- Attach the fitting safety clips by snapping them into place over the fittings.
- Lower the vehicle
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the vehicle and check the filter and lines for leaks.