REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Expedition and Navigator
The electrical power to the air suspension system must be shut off prior to hoisting, jacking or towing an air suspension vehicle. This can be accomplished by turning off the air suspension switch located in the PASSENGER SIDE kick panel area. Failure to do so can result in unexpected inflation or deflation of the air springs, which can result in shifting of the vehicle during these operations.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
The air suspension height sensor has a plastic harness retainer to suspension that must be unclipped prior to removal.
- Detach the air suspension height sensor electrical connector.
- Depress the metal retaining tabs and remove the air suspension height sensor from the ball studs.
- Remove the passenger side trackbar bolt.
- Remove the driver's side trackbar nut and bolt.
- Remove the trackbar from the vehicle.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal.