REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
- Disconnect the right and left stabilizer bar ends from the link assembly.
- Disconnect the retainer bolts and remove the stabilizer bar.
- Disconnect the stabilizer link assemblies by loosening the right and left locknuts from their respective brackets on the I-beams.
- Loosely install the entire assembly. The links are marked with an R and L for identification.
- Tighten the link-to-stabilizer bar and axle bracket fasteners to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).
- Check to make sure that the insulators are properly seated and the stabilizer bar is centered.
- On the F-150, torque the 6 stabilizer bar to crossmember attaching bolts to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm). On the F-250 and F-350, torque the stabilizer bar-to-frame retainer bolts to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm). Tighten the frame mounting bracket nuts/bolts to 65 ft. lbs. (88 Nm).