REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the wiring from the harness.
- Remove the sensor hold-down bolt and remove the sensor from the axle.
- Thoroughly clean the mounting surfaces. Make sure no dirt falls into the axle. Clean the magnetized sensor pole piece. Metal particles can cause sensor problems. Replace the O-ring.
- Coat the new O-ring with clean engine oil.
- Position the new sensor on the axle. It should slide into place easily. Correct installation will allow a gap of 0.005-0.045 in. (0.127-1.143mm).
- Tighten the hold-down bolt to 25-30 ft. lbs. (34-41 Nm).
- Connect the wiring.