REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
F-150 and Bronco Models
See Figure 1
- Unbolt the stabilizer bar from the connecting links.
- Unbolt the stabilizer bar retainers.
- If you have to remove the stabilizer bar mounting bracket, remove the coil springs as described above.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the retainer nuts to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm)., then torque all other nuts at the links to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).
See Figure 2
- Remove the bolts, washers and nuts securing the links to the spring seat caps. On models with the Monobeam axle, remove the nut, washer and bolt securing the links to the mounting brackets. Remove the nuts, washers and insulators connecting the links to the stabilizer bar. Remove the links.
- Unbolt and remove the retainers from the mounting brackets.
- Remove the stabilizer bar.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the connecting links-to-spring seat caps to 70 ft. lbs. (90 Nm). Tighten the nuts securing the connecting links to the stabilizer bar to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm). Tighten the retainer-to-mounting bracket nuts to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm).