REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
The extension seal is located at the rear of the transmission case.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Drain the transmission of lubricant.
- Matchmark the driveshaft to the yoke for reassembly and remove the driveshaft.
- Remove the old seal using a seal puller or appropriate prytool.
- Install a new seal, coated with sealing compound, using an appropriate seal installation tool. Tool T61L-7657-A or B or equivalents are recommended.
- Install the driveshaft, making certain to align the matchmark.
- Fill the transmission to the level of the fill plug hole. Install the plug and lower the vehicle.
The extension seal on 4WD drive vehicles is located at the rear of the transfer case.