REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The regulator is mounted on the back of the alternator.
- Disconnect the diode trio lead from the regulator terminal.
- Remove the 2 nuts retaining the regulator and the jumper leads.
- Carefully pull the regulator from its holder.
The brushes will snap together when the regulator is removed. They can now be checked for length. Brush length minimum is 0.188 in. (4.76mm).To install:
- Push the brushes back into their holders and insert a 1 / 32 inch pin through the hole provided in the housing. This will hold the brushes in place.
- Carefully push the regulator into place and just start the retaining nuts. Remove the brush holding pin and then tighten the retaining nuts.
- Connect the diode trio leads.
This unit is located on the fender liner, adjacent to the alternator.
- Disconnect the battery ground.
- Remove the regulator mounting screws.
- Disconnect the wiring harness from the regulator.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.