REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Before removing any fuel lines, clean the exterior with clean fuel oil, or solvent to prevent entry of dirt into the fuel system when the fuel lines are removed. If available, blow dry with compressed air.
- Disconnect the battery ground cables from both batteries.
- Remove the air cleaner and cap intake manifold opening with clean rags.
- Disconnect the accelerator cable and speed control cable, if so equipped, from the injection pump.
- Remove the accelerator cable bracket from the intake manifold and position out of the way with cable(s) attached.
- Disconnect the fuel line from the fuel filter to injection pump and cap all fittings.
- Disconnect and cap the nozzle fuel lines at nozzles.
- Remove the fuel line clamps from the fuel lines to be removed.
- Remove and cap the injection pump inlet elbow.
- Remove and cap the inlet fitting adapter.
- Remove the injection nozzle lines, one at a time, from the injection pump using Tool T83T-9396-A, or equivalent.
Fuel lines must be removed following this sequence: 5-6-4-8-3-1-7-2. Install caps on the end of each fuel line and pump fitting as the line is disconnected and identify each fuel line accordingly.To install:
- Install fuel lines on injection pump, one at a time, and tighten to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
Fuel lines must be installed in the following sequence: 2-7-1-3-8-4-6-5.
- Clean the old sealant from the injection pump elbow, using clean solvent, and dry thoroughly.
- Apply a light coating of pipe sealant on the elbow threads.