REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the distributor cap from the distributor, and set it aside (spark plug wires still connected).
- Disconnect the harness connector.
- Remove the distributor.
- Remove the TFI module retaining screws.
- To disengage the TFI module's terminals from the distributor base connector, pull the right side of the module down the distributor mounting flange and then back up. Carefully pull the module toward the flange and away from the distributor.
- Coat the TFI module baseplate with a thin layer of silicone grease (FD7AZ-19A331-A or its equivalent).
- Place the TFI module on the distributor base mounting flange. Position the module assembly toward the distributor bowl and carefully engage the distributor connector pins. Install and torque the two TFI module retaining screws to 9-16 inch lbs.
- Install the distributor assembly.
- Install the distributor cap and check the engine timing.