REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Clean all fender fasteners and liberally apply penetrating oil, such as Liquid Wrench®, WD-40®, or equivalent.
- Remove the headlamp assemblies.
- Remove the fender-to-radiator support screws.
- Remove the screw attaching the fender to the lower corner of the cab.
- Remove the screw inside the cab attaching the lower end of the fender to the cowl.
- Remove the screws attaching the top edge of the fender to the cowl extension.
- Remove the screws that attach the fender to the apron, around the wheel opening.
- Remove the top fender-to-apron bolts.
- On the right side, remove the battery and the battery tray.
- On the left side, remove the auxiliary battery and/or tool box (both are options).
- On the right side, detach the main wiring harness from the fender.
- On the left side, detach the hood latch cable from the fender.
- Remove the hood prop spring from the fender.
- Remove the fender.
- Apply sealer to the upper edge of the apron.
- Position the fender on the truck and loosely install all screws nuts and bolts.
- Go around the fender and check its fit. Position the fender for even fit with all adjoining panels and tighten all the fasteners.
- Install all parts removed previously.