REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
You'll need an assistant for this job.
- Open the hood.
- Remove the 2 link assembly bolts.
- Matchmark the hood-to-hinge position.
- Remove the hood-to-hinge bolts and lift off the hood.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Loosely install the hood and align the matchmarks. Torque all bolts to 13-19 ft. lbs. (17-27 Nm).
- Open the hood and matchmark the hinge and latch positions.
- Loosen the hinge-to-fender bolts just enough to allow movement of the hood.
- Loosen the 2 latch attaching bolts.
- Loosen the hinge-to-hood bolts just enough to allow movement of the hood.
- Move the hood as required to obtain the proper fit and alignment between the hood and the top of the cowl panel.
- Move the hood forward/backward and/or side-to-side to obtain a proper hood fit.
- Tighten the hood-to-hinge bolts to 13-19 ft. lbs. (17-27 Nm).
- Move the latch from side-to-side to align the latch with the striker. Tighten the latch bolts to 13-19 ft. lbs. (17-27 Nm).
- Lubricate the latch and hinges and check the hood fit several times.