See Figures 1 and 2
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Flareside and Styleside
- Remove the tailgate from the pick-up box as outlined in this section.
- Remove the rear lamps from the box. Reroute the wiring assembly for the rear lamps through the tail lamp housing so that the wiring does not interfere with the removal of the pick-up box.
- From underside of the vehicle, remove the eight nuts attaching the pick-up box to the frame rails.
- Remove the eight bolts and shims (if any) from the pick-up box, while noting their positions for reinstallation.
- Remove the fuel filler neck attaching screws from the box.
Because of the weight of the pick-up box it may be necessary to have at least two people on each side of the box to aid in removal.
- With assistance from helpers or a crane, remove the pick-up box from the frame.
- With assistance from helpers or a crane, position the pick-up box to the frame.
- Install the eight bolts and shims as required, to the pick-up box in their proper positions.
- Move the box so that the front of the pick-up box is centered on the rear of the cab.
Make sure the cab-to-box margin at the outboard edge of the box is no less than 0.827 in. (21 mm). Less than minimum clearance may result in cab-to-box contact during severe usage.
- From underside of the vehicle, install the eight nuts attaching the pick-up box to the frame rails and tighten to 40-70 ft. lbs. (54-95 Nm).
- Install the rear lamps to the pick-up box.
- Install the tailgate to the pick-up box as outlined in this section.