REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Lower the tailgate and remove the inner access cover.
- Remove the 2 screws securing the handle to the tailgate.
- Remove the rod from the clip that holds the handle rod to the lock control.
- Remove the handle and rod assembly.
- Disconnect the latch release links and latch control rod.
- Disconnect the wiring from the interlock switch.
- Remove the 3 lock control-to-tailgate retaining screws.
- Remove the lock control from the tailgate.
- Install the lock control and tighten the screws to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Connect the wires.
- Place the latch control rod in position and install the clip.
- Place the latch release links in position and install the clips.
- Place the handle and rod assembly in the tailgate. Connect the rod to the lock control and install the clip.
- Install and tighten the handle attaching screws.
- Install the access cover.