See Figure 1
The fluid level should be checked every 6 months/6,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- Park the truck on a level surface, turn off the engine, apply the parking brake and block the wheels.
- Remove the filler plug from the side of the transmission case with a proper size wrench. The fluid level should be even with the bottom of the filler hole.
- If additional fluid is necessary, add it through the filler hole using a siphon pump or squeeze bottle.
- Replace the filler plug; do not overtighten.
DRAIN AND REFILL
See Figures 2 and 3
- Place a suitable drain pan under the transmission.
- Remove the drain plug and allow the gear lube to drain out.
- Replace the drain plug, remove the filler plug and fill the transmission to the proper level with the required fluid.
- Reinstall the filler plug.