REMOVAL, INSTALLATION AND ADJUSTMENT
With or Without Air Conditioning
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the control unit from the panel.
- Remove the glove compartment.
- Working through the glove compartment opening, remove the temperature control cable housing from its clip on top of the plenum, by depressing the clip tab and pulling the cable rearward.
- Using a needle-nosed pliers, at the bottom of the control unit, carefully release the control cable snap-in flag.
- Rotate the control 90 degrees, so it faces upwards. Disconnect the control cable and move the control assembly away from the instrument panel.
- Disconnect the cable from the cam on top of the plenum.
- Pull the cable away from the instrument panel, through the control unit opening.
- Feed the wire loop end of the cable through the control unit opening.
- Attach the loop end to the cam on top of the plenum. Make sure that the wire loop coil is up and the cable is routed under its hold-down on the cam.
- Hold the control unit with its top towards the steering wheel. Attach the temperature control cable to the control lever. Snap the flag into the top of the control unit bracket.
- Position the control unit close to the opening in the instrument panel. Route the cable through the opening so that it won't be kinked or have sharp bends.
Adjust the cable so that the plenum door functions properly in all modes:
- Remove the cable jacket from the clip on top of the plenum. Leave the cable end attached to the lever.
- Set the control lever to COOL and hold it firmly.
- Push gently on the cable bracket to seat the blend door, pushing until resistance is felt.
- Install the cable into the clip, until it snaps into place. Operate the controls to make sure they function properly.
- Install the control unit.
- Install the glove compartment.