REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Loosen all of the instrument panel attaching screws and move the panel rearward to access the plenum.
- Remove the glove compartment.
- Remove the floor air distribution duct.
- Remove the 2 nuts and 1 screw which retain the left side of the plenum to the dash panel.
- Disconnect the cables and hoses from the control unit.
- Disconnect the vacuum block at the right side of the heater core cover.
- Pull the heater case forward to disengage the 3 case studs from the dash panel.
- Lower the plenum assembly from its location under the panel. Be careful to avoid spilling coolant.
On some trucks, it may be necessary to remove the instrument panel, lower, right side attaching screw and the screws attaching the 2 braces to the lower, center area of the instrument panel.To install:
- Position the plenum on the dash panel.
- Install 1 screw to attach the left end of the plenum to the dash panel.
- Position the heater case on the dash panel, making sure that the case studs are inserted through the holes in the dash panel and plenum flange.
- Position the instrument panel and tighten the attaching screws.
- Connect the temperature control cable.
- Connect the cables and hoses to the control unit.
- Install the floor duct.
- Adjust the temperature control cable.
- Install the glove compartment.