REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper-washer knob. Use a hook tool to release each knob lock tab.
- Remove the knob from the headlamp switch. Remove the fog lamp switch knob, if so equipped.
- Remove the steering column shroud. Care must be taken not to damage the transmission control selector indicator (PRNDL) cable on vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission.
- On vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission, remove the loop on the indicator cable assembly from the retainer pin. Remove the bracket screw from the cable bracket and slide the bracket out of the slot in the tube.
- Remove the cluster trim cover. Remove the 4 cluster attaching screws, disconnect the speedometer cable wire connector from the printed circuit, 4x4 indicator light and remove the cluster.
- Position the cluster at the opening and connect the multiple connector, the speedometer cable and 4x4 indicator light. Install the 4 cluster retaining screws.
- If so equipped, place the loop on the transmission indicator cable assembly over the retainer on the column.
- Position the tab on the steering column bracket into the slot on the column. Align and attach the screw.
- Place the transmission selector lever on the steering column into the DRIVE position.
- Adjust the slotted bracket so the pin is within the letter band.
- Install the trim cover.
- Install the headlamp switch knob. If so equipped, install the fog lamp switch.
- Install the wiper washer control knobs.
- Connect the battery cable, and check the operation of all gauges, lights and signals.