- Fore-aft adjustment is made by loosening the glass run attaching screws and positioning the glass as required. Tighten the screws to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
- Side-to-side adjustment is made by loosening the glass-to-window bracket nuts and positioning the glass as required. Torque the nuts to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Open the tailgate.
- Remove the access cover.
- Remove the watershield.
- Remove the cover panel support.
- Using the template illustrated, centerpunch the holes noted on the inner panel.
The template shown is not actual size. The actual template can be purchased at a Ford dealer.
- Using a 5 / 8 in. (16mm) holesaw, cut 4 holes at the template hole location.
- Working through the holes, remove the 4 glass bracket retaining nuts.
- Using a 5 / 16 in. (8mm) drift punch, remove the glass bracket C-channel from the glass and bracket.
- Remove the padding and drillings.
- Grasp the glass at the 2 bottom cutouts and slide it to the half-open position. Disconnect the rear window grid wire, if so equipped, and remove the glass from the tailgate.
- Make sure that you remove all the drillings from the tailgate. Vacuuming them out is a good idea. These drillings, if left in the tailgate will lead to rusting of the surrounding metal. Prime and paint the drilled out holes to prevent rusting.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Torque the four retaining nuts to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).