REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the 2 front bolts retaining the passenger's seat and support assembly to the floor pan.
- Move the seat release lever rearward allowing the seat to pop-up and fold forward.
- Remove the 2 rear seat assembly-to-floor pan bolts.
- Disengage one end of the passenger's seat support stop cable.
- Move the seat and support assembly rearward until the seat back clears the instrument panel when folded forward.
- Fold the seat fully forward and disengage the ends of the 3 assist springs from their retainers. NEVER TRY TO REMOVE THE SEAT WITH THE SPRINGS ATTACHED!
- Return the seat to the upright position and push the seat back down firmly until the seat is latched.
- Remove the seat from the truck.
- Position the seat in the truck far enough rearward to enable the seat to clear the instrument panel when folded forward.
- Fold the seat forward.
- Attach the assist springs to their retainers.
- Place the seat in the upright position. Push the seat down firmly to latch it.
- Position the seat and install the 2 front holddown bolt. Hand-tighten them only at this time.
- Connect the end of the passenger's seat support stop cable.
- Pop the seat up and fold it forward.
- Install the 2 rear seat bolts and tighten all 4 bolts to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm).
- Position the seat upright again and latch it into place.
For captain's chairs:
- Push the seat support release lever rearward.
- Make sure that the seat back adjuster is actuated allowing the seat back to fold forward at approximately the same time that the seat support assembly pops up.
- If the seat assembly and/or the seat back does not release properly, it will be necessary to adjust the release cable by moving the slotted cable retainer fore or aft as needed.
- Remove the seat track-to-floor pan bolts and lift the seat and track out of the truck.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Apply sealer to the area of the bolt holes. Torque the bolts to 25-34 ft. lbs. (34-46 Nm) for 1990-94 vehicles and 35-46 ft. lbs. (47-63 Nm) for 1995-96 vehicles.