REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
You'll need Windshield Installation Kit E0AZ-19562-A, or equivalent urethane installation kit, and a helper.
- Remove the windshield wiper arms.
- Remove all windshield moldings and retainers.
- Remove the rearview mirror.
- Obtain a 914mm (36 in.) length of steel piano wire. The wire should be the smallest diameter available.
- Using an aluminum rod, 3 / 16 in. in diameter with a notch in one end, force the wire through the urethane seal at the bottom of the windshield at one corner.
- Wear gloves. With your helper holding one end of the wire and you holding the other, saw through the sealer, first along the bottom edge then all the way around the glass.
- Have your helper sit in the truck, place his/her feet against the top of the windshield and gently, but firmly push outward while you support the glass.
- If there is any uncured urethane around the opening, remove it, being careful to avoid smearing it on the surrounding painted surfaces. If the urethane is completely cured, it will not be necessary to remove any which remains on the sheet metal.
- Go around the frame, checking for broken bits of glass or protruding metal points.
- Using a clean brush, apply the urethane metal primer to the opening flange. Allow it to dry for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a lint-free cloth, wipe the outer 1 / 2 in. (13mm) of the glass edge with urethane glass cleaner. Wipe the clear off immediately after application to avoid residue.
- Place the new windshield in the opening and check alignment. If any old urethane remained on the sheet metal, trim it with a razor so that it doesn't exceed 0.10 in. (2.54mm) above the sheet metal flange. When a satisfactory alignment is obtained, matchmark the glass and flange in several places. Remove the glass.
- Using a clean brush, apply the urethane glass primer around the glass edge. Allow at least 5 minutes drying time.
- Apply an even bead of urethane sealer around the entire edge of the glass. The bead should be about 1 / 2 in. (13mm) high and 1 / 4 in. (6mm) wide at its base.
- Within 15 minutes of sealer application, position the windshield in the opening, aligning the matchmarks.
- Install the retainers and moldings.
- Install the wiper arms and rearview mirror.
- When the sealer is dry, check it for gaps. Fill the gaps with butyl sealer.
- Leak test the fit with a water hose.