REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Read the air bag service precautions in Chassis Electrical prior to doing work involving an air bag equipped steering column component. Always wear safety glasses when servicing an air bag vehicle and handling the air bag to avoid possible injury.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the turn signal lever by unscrewing it from the steering column.
- Disconnect the turn signal indicator switch wiring connector plug by lifting up the tabs on the side of the plug and pulling it apart.
- Remove the switch assembly attaching screws.
- On trucks with a fixed column, lift the switch out of the column and guide the connector plug through the opening in the shift socket.
- On trucks with a tilt column, remove the connector plug before removing the switch from the column. The shift socket opening is not large enough for the plug connector to pass through.
- Install the turn signal switch in the reverse order of removal.