REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Properly discharge the refrigerant from the air conditioning system. Observe all safety precautions.
- Remove the carbon canister.
- Disconnect the accumulator/drier suction line at the bulkhead and the compressor suction line from the accumulator/drier. Cap the suction line and the evaporator core outlet to prevent entrance of dirt and excess moisture.
- Disconnect the clutch cycling pressure switch electrical connector from the switch.
- Remove the 2 mounting bolts from the accumulator/drier mounting bracket and carefully remove the accumulator/drier from the vehicle.
- Drain the oil from the removed accumulator/drier. Add the same amount plus 1 oz. (30 ml) of clean refrigerant oil (Motorcraft YN-2 or equivalent, for the 2.2L engine or Motorcraft YN-9 or equivalent, for the 3.0L engine) to the new accumulator.
- Position the accumulator/drier onto the mounting bracket and install the mounting bolts.
- Connect the suction line spring-lock coupling to the evaporator core according to the spring-lock coupling connect procedure.
- Connect the compressor suction line to the accumulator/drier assembly.
- Connect the clutch cycling pressure switch electrical connector and install the carbon canister.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Leak test, evacuate and charge the refrigerant system according to the proper procedure. Observe all safety precautions.