REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the 2 bolts from the fuel filter bracket and position the fuel filter aside.
- If necessary, remove the master cylinder and hydraulic actuation assembly on vehicles with anti-lock brakes, to gain access to the proportioning valve.
- Using a tubing wrench, loosen all of the brake lines connected to the proportioning valve and the brake lines at the master cylinder.
- Remove the brake lines between the proportioning valve and the master cylinder.
- Disconnect all the brake lines connected to the proportioning valve and remove the valve.
- Position the valve on the bulkhead and loosely install one of the attaching bolts.
- Loosely install the brake lines between the master cylinder and the proportioning valve and loosely install the 6 brake lines into the valve.
- Install the other attaching bolt into the valve and tighten both bolts to 14-17 ft. lbs. (19-23 Nm).
- Tighten all the brake lines to 10-16 ft. lbs. (13-22 Nm).
- If removed, install the hydraulic actuation assembly and the master cylinder.
- Bleed the brakes. Bleed the lines at the proportioning valve first and then at the wheels.