REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the ABS relay box, if equipped.
- Disconnect the pressure line to the cylinder, using the proper wrench.
- Remove the mounting nuts and remove the clutch master cylinder.
- Install the clutch master cylinder and tighten the mounting nuts to 14-19 ft. lbs. (19-26 Nm).
- Connect the pressure line and tighten the nut securely.
- Install the ABS relay box, if equipped.
- Bleed the air from the clutch system. Follow the procedure in this Section.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check for proper operation.
- While overhauling the master cylinder, work in a clean area and keep all components as clean as possible.
- Press down on the piston and cup assembly with a suitable tool and remove the retaining snapring.
- Remove the piston and cup assembly by blowing compressed air through the pressure line passage. Place a rag over the bore opening to prevent the piston and cup from being ejected too fast.
- Remove the spacer, cup and spring. Remove the reservoir attaching screw, the reservoir and mounting bushing. Remove the cap and baffle.
- Clean and inspect all components. If the cylinder bore is pitted, replace the complete cylinder.
- Install a new bushing and the reservoir, baffle and cap. Install the reservoir attaching screw.
- Apply clean fluid to the cylinder bore and cups. Install the spring, new cup, spacer and new piston and cup assembly into the bore. Press the piston and cup assembly into the bore with a suitable tool and install the snapring.