REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the pressure line at the slave cylinder. Plug the pressure line to prevent leaking.
- Remove the slave cylinder mounting bolts and remove the slave cylinder.
- Install the slave cylinder and tighten the mounting bolts to 12-17 ft. lbs. (16-23 Nm).
- Connect the pressure line and tighten the nut to 10-16 ft. lbs. (13-22 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Bleed the air from the clutch system. Follow the procedure in this Section.
- Check for proper operation.
- Pull off the push rod and boot.
- Remove the piston and cup assembly by blowing compressed air through the pressure line passage. Place a rag over the bore opening to prevent the piston and cup from being ejected too fast.
- Remove the spring, bleeder cap and screw, and the ball.
- Clean and inspect all components. If the cylinder bore is pitted, replace the complete cylinder.
- Install the ball, bleeder screw and cap. Install the spring with the narrow end facing the piston and cup assembly, as shown in Fig. 217.
- Install a new piston and cup assembly. Install the pushrod and boot.
HYDRAULIC SYSTEM BLEEDING
- Remove the bleeder cap from the slave cylinder and attach a hose to the bleeder screw.
- Place the other end of the hose in a container.
- Slowly, pump the clutch pedal several times.
- With the clutch pedal depressed, loosen the bleeder screw to release the fluid and air.
- Tighten the bleeder screw. Repeat this procedure until there are no air bubbles in the fluid in the container.