REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Using a battery clamp puller and battery pliers, disconnect the negative and then the positive battery cables from the battery.
- Remove the battery hold-down clamps.
- Remove the battery using a battery carrier. If a battery carrier is not available, grip the battery at opposite corners with your hands and carefully lift the battery from the tray. Be careful not to spill battery acid on yourself or the vehicle.
- Test the battery to see if it needs to be replaced or charged. Refer to Section 1 .
- Clean the battery cable ends and battery terminals.
- Check the battery tray for corrosion or other damage. Clean the tray with a wire brush and a scraper.
- Install the battery and retain with the hold-down clamps.
- Connect the positive and then the negative battery cables to the battery.