REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
2.2L Turbocharged Engine
Refer to the Ignition Coil removal and installation procedure to remove and install the Ignition Module.3.0L Engine
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the distributor cap and position it aside, leaving the ignition wires attached.
- Remove the TFI-IV wiring harness connector.
- Remove the distributor assembly. Refer to the procedure in this Section.
- Remove the ignition module attaching screws.
- Pull the right-hand side of the module down toward the distributor mounting flange and back up to disengage the module terminals from the connector in the distributor base. The module may be pulled toward the flange and away from the distributor.
Do not attempt to lift the module from the mounting surface prior to moving the entire module toward the distributor flange, as the pins will break at the distributor/module connector.
- Coat the metal base plate of the module with a 1/32 in. (0.8mm) thick ribbon of silicone dielectric compound D7AZ-19A331-A or equivalent.
- Place the module on the distributor base mounting surface.
- Carefully position the module assembly toward the distributor bowl and securely engage the 3 distributor connector terminals.
- Install the 2 module mounting screws and tighten to 15-35 inch lbs. (1.7-4.0 Nm), starting with the upper right-hand screw.
- Install the distributor assembly. Refer to the procedure in this Section.
- Connect the TFI-IV wiring harness connector and install the distributor cap.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check the ignition timing. Refer to .