REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the rocker arm covers, and the throttle body and intake manifold assembly.
- Loosen each rocker arm fulcrum mounting bolt to allow the rocker arm to be lifted off the pushrod and rotated to one side.
- Remove the pushrods, marking the location of each pushrod to ensure the proper replacement in the original position.
- Remove the lifter(s), using a magnet. Mark the location of each lifter to ensure the proper replacement in the original position.
- Lubricate each lifter and bore with heavy engine oil and install the lifters into the bore. Install each lifter in the bore from which it was removed. If new lifters are being installed, check each one for free fit in the bore in which it is to be installed.
- Lubricate each pushrod with the heavy engine oil and insert in their original position.
- Place the rocker arms over the pushrods. For each rocker arm, rotate the crankshaft until the lifter rests on the base circle of the camshaft lobe, then position the fulcrums and tighten the mounting bolts to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
- Lubricate all the rocker arm assemblies.
- Install the throttle body and intake manifold and the rocker arm covers.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Refill the cooling system and check for leaks.