REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the exhaust pipe-to-muffler mounting nuts.
- Remove the muffler from the rubber insulators and remove the muffler assembly.
- Inspect the mounting flange and hangers for wear or deterioration and replace, as necessary.
- Clean the flange surfaces.
- Install a new gasket on the flange and loosely install the muffler assembly. Mount the brackets into the rubber insulators.
- Check the body clearance and tighten the front mounting nuts to 25-38 ft. lbs. (34-52 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable. Start the engine and check for exhaust leaks. Shut off the engine and lower the vehicle.