REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Open the hood and support it in the open position. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Install fender covers to protect the paint.
- Mark the location of the hood on the hinges.
- Disconnect the engine compartment light electrical connector.
- Have assistants support the hood and remove the bolts attaching the hinges to the hood. Be careful not to let the hood slip when the bolts are removed.
- Remove the hood from the vehicle.
- Position the hood on the hinges. Have assistants support the hood and install the attaching bolts. Make sure the marks made during removal are aligned before tightening the bolts.
- Connect the engine compartment light electrical connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable and remove the fender covers. Close the hood.
- The hood can be adjusted front to rear and side to side by loosening the two hood-to-hinge attaching bolts at each hinge. Position the hood as required and tighten the bolts.
- The hood latch can be moved from side to side to align with the hood opening, and/or up or down to align the hood surface with the fenders. Always align the hood first, then the latch.
- Loosen the hood latch mounting bolts/nut enough to slide the latch. Move the latch to the position desired and tighten the mounting bolts/nut to 31 ft. lbs. (42 Nm).
- Open and close the hood several times to check operation.