REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the brake caliper and support it with mechanics wire from the coil spring.
- Remove the stabilizer link assembly from the lower control arm.
- Remove the ball-joint clamp bolt from the steering knuckle. Using a prybar, pry downward to separate the ball joint from the steering knuckle.
- If equipped, remove the harmonic damper from the chassis sub-frame; the damper is located on the left side of the vehicle.
- Remove the lower control arm-to-chassis mounting bolts and nuts and remove the lower control arm.
- Install the control arm and tighten the mounting bolts to 69-93 ft. lbs. (93-127 Nm).
- Install the harmonic damper, if equipped.
- Install the ball joint stud into the steering knuckle and tighten the clamp bolt to 32-40 ft. lbs. (43-54 Nm).
- Install the stabilizer bar link assembly. Refer to the procedure in this Section.
- Install the brake caliper.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly. Tighten the lug nuts to 65-87 ft. lbs. (88-118 Nm). Lower the vehicle.
CONTROL ARM BUSHING REPLACEMENT
- Mount the control arm in a suitable vice
- Cut away the projecting rubber on the bushing.
- Drive or press out the bushing using suitable tools.
- Lightly lubricate the bushing before installation.
- Drive or press the bushing into the lower control arm using suitable tools.