REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the instrument cluster module as follows:
- Remove the steering wheel. Refer to .
- Remove the 2 column cover screws and remove the cover.
- Remove the 9 cluster module mounting screws.
- Carefully pull the cluster module outward and disconnect the 7 electrical connectors from the cover.
- Remove the ignition switch illumination bulb and remove the cluster module.
- Loosen the 2 cover hinge screws and remove the 6 upper cluster cover screws. Remove the cover.
During removal, be careful not to rip the rubber seal that joins the upper and lower portions of the cluster cover panels.
- Remove the lower cluster cover panel and remove the 4 cluster mounting screws.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors from the back of the cluster. If equipped with analog instrument cluster, disconnect the speedometer cable.
- Remove the cluster from the vehicle.
- Position the cluster onto the cluster mounting bracket and connect the electrical connectors. If equipped with analog instrument cluster, connect the speedometer cable.
- Install the 4 cluster mounting screws and install the lower cluster cover.
During installation, be careful not to rip the rubber seal that joins the upper and lower portions of the cluster cover panels.
- Position the upper cluster cover and install the attaching screws.
- Tighten the 2 cover hinge screws.
Install the instrument cluster module as follows:
- Connect the 7 electrical connectors.
- Install the ignition illumination bulb into the cluster module.
- Position the cluster module and install the 9 attaching screws.
- Install the column cover and the steering wheel.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Check all gauges, speedometer and tachometer for proper operation.