REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the upper and lower instrument cluster cover panels. (Do not remove the instrument cluster).
- Reach behind the instrument cluster, depress the lock tab and pull the speedometer cable out of the instrument cluster.
- Open the hood and locate the speedometer cable connector. Unscrew the connector and separate the upper and lower cables.
- Slide the rubber dust boot back from the lower cable-to-transaxle connector. Unscrew the speedometer cable from the speedometer driven gear on the transaxle.
- Remove the rubber grommet from the firewall and slide the grommet down the cable. Gently pry the retaining ring from the firewall and pull the speedometer cable out through the firewall.
- Insert the upper speedometer cable through the firewall into the lower instrument panel.
- Install the retaining ring and grommet into the firewall.
- Connect the lower speedometer cable to the speedometer driven gear. Slide the boot into position.
- Join both cables and tighten the connector.
- Connect the upper speedometer cable to the rear of the speedometer. Make sure the locking tab is secured onto the back of the speedometer head.
- Install the upper and lower instrument cluster covers.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Check speedometer operation.