REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Extend the headlights and set the headlight rotary switch in the 4th position. The headlights should remain in the extended position with all lights extinguished.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the attaching screws from the plastic bezel and remove the bezel from the headlight housing.
- Remove the screws from the retaining collar and remove the retaining collar.
- Pull the headlight out from the mounting bracket and disconnect the electrical connector at the back of the headlight.
- Connect the electrical connector to the headlight and position the headlight against the mounting bracket.
- Install the retaining collar and secure the collar and headlight with the screws.
- Install the plastic bezel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the headlights ON and check if headlight aim has changed. Adjust if necessary, then turn the headlights OFF .
Headlight aim is adjusted with the screws located at the bottom center and the middle left-hand side of the driver side headlight or the bottom center and center outside of the passenger side headlight. The adjusting screws are accessible with the headlights in the extended position.
A rough adjustment can be made while shining the headlights on a wall or on the rear of another vehicle, but headlight adjustment should really be made using proper headlight aiming equipment.
Headlight aim adjustment should be made with the fuel tank approximately half full, the vehicle unloaded and the trunk empty, except for the spare tire and jacking equipment. Make sure all tires are inflated to the proper pressure.