If installing a new air conditioning compressor due to an internal failure of the old unit, you must carry out the following procedures to remove contamination from the air conditioning system.
If A/C flushing equipment is available, carry out flushing of the air conditioning system prior to installing a new air conditioning compressor.If A/C flushing equipment is not available, carry out filtering of the air conditioning system after a new air conditioning compressor has been installed.Install a new evaporator core orifice as directed by the A/C flushing or filtering procedure.Install a new suction accumulator as directed by the A/C flushing or filtering procedure.
Installation of a new suction accumulator is not required when repairing the air conditioning system except when there is physical evidence of system contamination from a failed A/C compressor or damage to the suction accumulator.
- Recover the refrigerant using and approved recycling unit.
- Remove the drive belt from the A/C compressor pulley.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Disconnect the compressor manifold and tube assembly from the A/C compressor.
- Loosen the bolt and disconnect and position aside the compressor manifold and tube assembly.
- Remove the bolts and remove the A/C compressor.
- Discard the O-ring seals.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure. Tighten the compressor mounting bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).