Ignition Coil Module
2.3L & 4.0L Engines
- Disconnect the ignition coil electrical connections.
- Disconnect the ignition coil electrical connector.
- Mark the spark plug wire locations before removing them.
- Squeeze the locking tabs and twist while pulling upward to disconnect the six spark plug wires.
- Remove the bolts and the ignition coil.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure. Apply silicone dielectric compound to the inside of the spark plug wire coil boots. Be sure to reinstall the radio ignition interference capacitor under the correct ignition coil mounting bolt.